Friday, April 19, 2013

Things I am trying to change

I've been thinking a lot about what I can do to change my heart. Of course, there is much I could do, but I need to break it down into baby steps. It's hard to make a dramatic change. For me, it has to come through small and simple means.

So, I decided on a couple of things. First, I need to say more prayers out loud. So, if I really need my time to pray out loud and really concentrate, I tell me husband to leave (or not come in) our room so I can do that. I also need to say more prayers in general, so I am really trying to take the time to pray when I remember to (I am trying to make that more frequent). I had a great example when I went out with the sister missionaries, and we prayed every time we got in and out of the car. Opening myself up to God that much and recognizing and thanking Him that often really helped me feel more humble and submissive. So, I am trying to practice that in my daily life. I (cough, cough) don't have anything to report about that because I kind of keep forgetting to pray more frequently. But, it's a work in progress.

I started listening to General Conference talks on the drive to work, though. That has given me a fantastic start to my day. The past few days that I have listened to talks in the morning while driving, I have seen so much more light and felt so much lighter. I have been happier and not as stressed out.

Those are the things I am focusing on right now: more vocal prayers, more prayers in general, and listening to conference talks in the mornings. When I those are habits, then I will add on something else.

I can't wait to start seeing more positive changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment