Monday, June 24, 2013

Another tender mercy

I just want to give a quick shout-out for yet another tender mercy of the Lord.

This morning, when I prayed, I could not think of one single thing I was grateful for. Actually, after a moment of silence, I think I said I was grateful for the fact that I woke up on time so I could try to express gratitude. Sad, right? I felt really bad for God while I was praying. So, I said, "God, I know I have much to be thankful for. I'm just blinded by the darkness right now. So, please, help me to recognize my blessings today and know that you are there."

By noon, I was able to say a prayer that was strictly gratitude :)

That's not why I'm writing. I'm writing because I just checked my email and received the best blessing of the day. Someone emailed me expressing love and concern, and sharing humor and spreading happiness. It was exactly what I needed. I can't even begin to describe how depressed I've been over the past week, especially over the weekend. You've probably picked up on it, but probably not the depth of it. So, if you're reading this, here is another thank you for your sweet, funny email. It made me cry because of the spirit I felt testifying that it was indeed a sign of God's love for me and that people do care, and it made me smile because it was just awesome.

The Lord is watching over us all. I hope we can all see Him and His little acts of love.

I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord that let me know He is always there and always watching over me.


Ps, the thing that got me going today was my study on the Atonement and pain. It really gave me perspective and strength. Click here to read what I wrote about it.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry.
    You're so sweet... I could tell you were having a hard time by what you were writing because I could FEEL it -I've been there, so I know the signs ;) I hope today is peaceful for you. You're awesome, you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete