Monday, July 15, 2013

Love is honorable

Today I was reminded of honor and holiness.

1) We should treat our spouses with honor. After all, when we married our spouse, we thought he/she was special and of great worth to us.

2) The marriage relationship is holy. Our spouse is holy--set apart for a higher purpose. "A person who has become holy to you has a place no one can rival in your heart. He or she is sacred to you, a person to be honored, praised, and defended" (Love Dare p. 72).

Really, I just loved this quote and wanted to share it.

"But when your attempts at honor go unreciprocated, you are to give honor just the same. That's what love dares to do--to say, 'Of all the relationships I have, I will value ours the most. Of all the things I'm willing to sacrifice, I will sacrifice the most for you. With all your failures, sins, mistakes, and faults--past and present--I still choose to love and honor you.' That's how you create an atmosphere for love to be rekindled. That's how you lead your heart to truly love your mate again. And that's the beauty of honor" (p. 73).

No comments:

Post a Comment