Monday, January 28, 2013

1 Nephi 10:6

"Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and in a fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this redeemer."

I did not want to study my scriptures today. Well, I did, until I came in my room to study them. And then I didn't know what to study, and I just flat out lost the desire to study. I have been feeling sorry for myself because of some bad news I received today on top of everything else that is happening in my life right now, and I had a moment of depression. I almost gave up and was ready to tell my family not to talk to me the rest of the night and let my husband handle all the chaos. But then I just decided not to give up and push through my negativity and found this verse jumping out at me.

Do you sometimes forget to be grateful? I do. I want so badly to always remember my Savior. But sometimes, I just forget and get caught up in myself. I think I feel lost and fallen right now (well, five minutes ago). And I felt lost and fallen when I found out about my husband's addiction. And I feel lost and fallen every time I sin. I can't imagine feeling that way for eternity. Really, that would be awful. But guess what? I DON'T HAVE TO FEEL THAT WAY FOR ETERNITY!!! Because a loving Heavenly Father, knowing how hard life would be, and knowing we wouldn't be able to achieve perfection on our own, gave us a Savior. He gave us a Redeemer, and we don't have to be lost and fallen if we rely on Him.

What a beautiful promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment