Sunday, November 10, 2013

Slowly but Surely

I had a perfect moment today.

We were preparing to make a dessert that we would later take to my parents' house for family dinner. Ben turned on our Sunday tunes and started getting stuff out for the dessert. I paused for a moment and took everything in. I thought about the past week's ups and downs. I thought about his conversation with the bishop today--it gave us both a lot of hope and strength. I thought about our life together, what has been and what could be. I thought about my wedding ring tucked away in my school bag in case I decide during school that I want it back on my finger.

He stopped what he was doing and gave me a hug. And in that moment, I felt complete peace. I felt peace with myself, peace with him, and peace with my Savior. I felt hope for us. I felt pure love (which, right now, is the most important of all those feelings).

We hugged for a long while. Words can't even describe how it felt. Saying it was magical is kind of corny, but it was. It was a miraculous moment given the things we have experienced as of late.

The background music to this perfect hug moment was "Let Him Heal Your Heart." Maybe that was coincidental...except for the fact that I don't believe in coincidence. It was just a simple sign to me that healing is taking place for us both.



Now you can barf if you want. Sometimes mushy makes me want to barf (Ben is much more the romantic than I am). But I couldn't resist documenting this moment. It truly was priceless.




1 comment:

  1. Bah!! I love it. So sappy and cute, indeed. And seriously...what a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete