Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Find Him

Recently, I have been going through some life changes that have made me have to rely on The Lord much more. Last week, I hit a low-point, which I wrote about. In the blessing I received, The Lord blessed me with a lot. What I want to talk about today is the peace, love, joy, and strength I have experienced through God and Christ.

With everything happening in my life, I have wondered a lot about whether or not I am following God's will and if He approves of what I am doing. Am I on the right path? Am I following my Savior? Am I doing what He wants me to do? Last week, yes, I was depressed. My blessing gave me direct comfort and guidance for my life. I had been starting to question some revelation I received about steps to take in my life, but God told me I am doing what He wants me to do. And He told me He knows and understands my pain and my trials. And He is blessing me with these things because He is helping shape me to the woman He wants me to become.

That has given me strength.

This week, as I have hit tough spots, I have been able to rely on direction, personal revelation that I can't deny. I have found myself expressing more gratitude to God, especially for the hard things because of the strength He has given me to get through it (when I know I could not do it on my own). I have felt more joy. I have recognized infinite amounts of tender mercies. I have yearned more to pray and to feel the Spirit. And so. much. more.

This week has been happy. I love God. I love what He has given me, and I love that He knows me so well. He knows exactly what to give me, even if I don't want it. I love the gospel. I love the good news. I love that Easter is coming up. I love the family history work I have been doing, and I am grateful for the spirit I have felt this week as I have prepared for my temple trip on Saturday.

I just wanted to share with you this joy I have felt all week. I know it has come from trying to do the Lord's will and dedicating myself to His purposes. And that has helped me love more, and feel more love. I am so unbelievably grateful for everything that God has given me, and I know He is doing the same for all of you. If you can't see it, find it. It's there. He loves you. He loves us all. If you think He doesn't or isn't there for you, find Him. He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment