Sunday, April 7, 2013

General Conference Rewind

General Conference was amazing, as usual.

Here are some of the things I took away from conference that I want to share with you:

1. If we allow darkness to consume us, Satan will have victory. Darkness exists (because light exists, and there must be opposition in all things), but we must not dwell there. If we hope in Christ, we can find the light and dwell in its safety. I have gained a testimony of that from my journey through the 12 steps.

2. "Healing comes when we walk away from the darkness and into the light." I know we have all had times when we feel overcome by darkness and don't know where to turn. Find that little bit of light that shines through the darkness and head that direction. Sometimes it's hard, but the closer we get to the light (of Christ), the easier it is to shake Satan. Of course, the closer to get, the harder he fights us, but we can cling to our faith in the Savior and His Atonement and find our way out of the darkness.  The light of Christ will always beat the darkness of Satan as long as that desire is written in our hearts.

3. "Make marriage priceless." Sometimes I forget just how precious my marriage is. I mean, really. I am married to the most amazing man on the face of this earth (sorry, ladies). We have been sealed in the temple, we have the same life goals and beliefs, he is funny and charming, he treats me amazingly, he is super cute, and he really tries to keep his covenants and make himself better. Yes, he struggles with some things, but he is on the journey to overcome his addiction and become like Christ. Sometimes, I get mad or annoyed too easily at little things, and sometimes I take him for granted. I loved the reminder to make marriage priceless. Because it is. Marriage is priceless. If I can see that each day, and make it priceless, it will become even more celestial.

4. "Happy marriages rely on the gift of repentance." Ain't that the truth :) I need to work on my humility in my marriage, and I need to be more forgiving.

Obviously, this is not a comprehensive list of the amazing things that were said in General Conference. These are simply the main things I took away for myself and chose to share on this blog. If you missed conference for some reason, look it up on lds.org. The videos will be posted in the next few days (if not already), and the text is usually there by the end of the week.

Remember to act on the whisperings of the Spirit that spoke to you during conference. Act on the doctrine that has been taught, and you will be blessed with joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment