Sunday, June 2, 2013

“All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”

Today has been one of those days where I need a box of brownies and a gallon of Ben and Jerry's....

Not that I ever do that.

Besides, it's Fast Sunday.

I'm hungry. One time, in sacrament meeting, the guy speaking asked, "How often when you are angry are you hungry? Are you angry, or are you just hungry?" I heard that when I was a teenager, and it has stuck with me ever since. I've had to ask myself that a lot today. I've been both. Sometimes, I kind of stifle my anger because I realize I'm just HUNGRY! But, I have also been legitimately angry and irritable, made worse by being hungry.

Maybe more details to come later. But, anyway, I'm reading this talk "Is Faith in the Atonement Written in Our Hearts?" and it has really brought some peace to me. Just what I needed. I've been in a bad slump.

I was going to study something different today, but as I was praying, I had this phrase ("all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement") come into my head, and I knew I needed to study this talk first.

Good choice. Thanks to Heavenly Father for giving me that little revelation during my prayer. I really needed that little sign.

1 comment:

  1. A google search on the atonement led me to your blog by chance... and here I am just smiling that I have read it.
    I am working on a atonement project that you might find interesting... let me know what you think?
    http://atonementcasestudy.weebly.com/

    Jesse
    jesserobinson303@gmail.com

    would love to hear your thoughts! one gospel love to another :)

    ReplyDelete