Friday, May 17, 2013

"I'm gonna love you through it"

"She said, 'I don't think I can do this anymore.' He took her in his arms and said thats what my love is for. 

"When you're weak, I'll be strong. When you let go, I'll hold on. When you need to cry, I swear that I'll be there to dry your eyes. When you feel lost or scared to death, like you can't take one more step, just take my hand. Together, we can do it. I'm gonna love you through it." -Martina McBride

As I was listening to this song today, it hit me that the words to this song could represent our relationship with Christ. 

How many times have said I don't think I can do this anymore? When I don't think I can, I can always turn it over to Christ. He does wrap His arms around me. I have felt it. Feeling a hug from Heaven is one of the most tender things I have experienced. 

Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are my best friends. They are always there for me in ways that no one else can be. They are my strength. They are there when I cry. They lead me through the darkness, and I know that together, we really can do it. 

This week has been kind of weird. I can't really explain what I have been feeling. It's complicated. I have definitely had high moments. I have felt the presence of heavenly beings. But I have also had some anxiety and fear threatening to overtake me. 

I think it's because my husband has been struggling with his addiction off and on. And he started his own blog, and he wrote about things that I didn't know about (link to his blog coming on my sidebar soon). He also has sprung some things on me without giving me much time to react.

We are also experiencing some heavy trials that, together, make everything really hard--like finances, his unemployment, my health issues and physical pains, and the other stuff I mentioned in my Mother's Day post. 

We don't get tons of time together... Which also makes things more difficult. So, I guess it doesn't surprise me that I have felt so weird this week. 

I know the things that have kept me from slipping into darkness are what I have consciously done to keep the Spirit in my life. I have prayed more often. I have sent up praises in gratitude more frequently. I have tried to express my love to my husband more. I have made a lot of efforts to study my scriptures whenever I can throughout the day. And I have poured out my heart to God a few times. 

I know I could do better. But I am extremely grateful for my Heavenly Father and Christ for being there so much this week to protect me from myself and Satan. And I'm grateful that they are there to love me through it, all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment