Sunday, February 10, 2013

Christ is on Our Side

Today, as we were meeting with our Bishop, I looked over at my husband, and behind him on the wall was that picture of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. I was looking at him because I was focusing on what he was saying, but then that focus disappeared as that image of Christ came to full view in my mind. It hit me like it never has before. On His face, there seems to be a pleading expression.

I was reminded of that scripture that says Christ is our advocate with the Father and pleads our cause before Him (see D&C 45:3-5).

At that moment, I was overcome with love for my husband, and the love that the Father has for my husband and for me. Christ suffered for our sins and pains, and His Atonement allows us to be able to return to the kingdom of God again. He wants us to return to Him, and each thing we do to repent and be made whole is a little victory. Christ is on our side. We just have to find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment