Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Scriptures

Here is a comment someone left on my last post. I want to share it with everyone because it explains a little better what I want thinking but did not put to words as well as this.

"Your deep breathing does more than just getting oxygen to your brain. Anger comes from the primal part of our brains--you know, cave man things. Mad, hungry, fright, etc. Taking those long deep breaths helps calm that part and lets the "thinking" part of the brain take over. Try adding gratitude to your breathing. Take in your deep breath, then as you slowly let it out, think of something that you are thankful for. Or maybe one of those scripture verses you have memorized! It works for me!"

Thanks to the anonymous commenter for your additional ideas!


Last night, for my scripture study with my husband, I decided to read and talk about that last verse I listed yesterday about hope. As I read further down the chapter, I was like holy cow, why didn't I list these verses too? Maybe they just hit me differently last night than during the day when I was writing, but I'd like to share them now.

Romans 8:28-29.
These verses give me hope too. It helps me feel at peace with how I am living my life because I am striving to be the kind of person it describes in those verses. I love God. I try to act in faith and follow His plan. I am trying to be like Jesus Christ. And I know that as I do these things, "all things will work together for [my] good."

Here are some more scriptures that I love:
Hebrews 11:1 and 40 (JST)
James 5:15
1 Peter 1:22 
1 Peter 3:15 and 18
1 Nephi 1:20
1 Nephi 7:12
1 Nephi 10:6
1 Nephi 11:22
1 Nephi 12:17
Omni 1:26
Mosiah 16:9
Alma 31:38
Alma 32:21
Alma 34:41
3 Nephi 12:44
Moroni 7:48
Moroni 10:30, 32

Another long list :) I seriously love the scriptures. I could have listed much more, but I chose not to make you all think I am entirely crazy for my long list of scriptures that I love to turn to.

I might add more tomorrow. I would encourage you to find scriptures that you love and can turn to in order to feel more hope or peace or understand your role in life or something, especially when you are having trouble seeing through the darkness. I love that mist of darkness verse because it helps give me a clearer vision of what Satan is doing to me when I feel like I am stuck in a mist of darkness. 

Tomorrow, I will begin step 3! It's one of my favorites, so I am stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment